Top Social

River Safari

Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Image

HELLO! Went to the River Safari Yesterday with H! Was never really a huge fan of fishes, and I have this love-hate r/s with huge aquariums, but I was quite mesmerized by the size of the animals. I didn't know you can grow fishes 2x the size that you normally see! Panda are cute, but they are kinda of snobbish, I mean, I paid good money to see you, how can you just hide in your den and make me watch you through a CCTV camera?!?! Ok, to be fair, jiajia is really shy, so she kinda hides in her den all the time. No worries if you're popping by though kaikai is a shameless furball - eating non-stop for you to snap pictures of him.

Image

RED PANDA > PANDA


Red pandas are smaller, more active, and more adorable than pandas! They remind me of Cocoa. Zo Kute <3 <3 <3


Image

ANDDDD Piranhas!!! I was quite looking forward to see 'em although I was really afraid the glass would break and they would take over the world etc etc (too much piranha movies). I honestly thought they eat anything they set their sight on, apparently H says that piranhas only eat injured/dying/bleeding animals. They don't really eat human. OKKKK. Sorry, I'm a very, very ignorant person. My general knowledge is almost zero!!


 Image


And the thing about them is that.... unlike normal fishes, they rarely swim around, they are really really really really still. YOU CAN TELL FROM THE PICTURE, they are like watching me as I take their picture, prolly plotting my murder. HOLY.


Image


THIS is H's favourite enclosure, I mean, he kinda belongs here. HAHA, ok, seriously, this IS his favourite enclosure, he requested to revisit the enclosure while we were still in River Safari. Squirrel Monkey's enclosure is one of those walk-in enclosure whereby the monkeys can pee on you if they want to.  You can choose to punch it too, no problem, but that is pretty much prohibited. That's how close we were to them! 


IMG_4251


IMG_4239Image


Yesterday was a GREAT day, I have a lot of fun and was well taken care of by H - sweetie bought fav drink + sweets for me just in case I was thirsty or hungry during the trip. Too bad that my camera didn't manage to hold out long enough for us to take more pictures! However, the river ride was disappointing!! :'( There was such a big hoo-ha and you had to grab a time-slot early, I WAS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT! Prolly thats why I was disappointed, I had really high expectation of it.  We waited for an hour for a 5 minutes ride, some of the animals are not even in their enclosure, not sure if its just me or... they are not there.


Image


Btw H took this picture and said I was the new addition to the Zoo. I think I should be thankful he said 'zoo' instead of 'freak show'.


Image


The weather was amazing yesterday, no rain at all, I am really thankful for that!   Can't wait for what's next to be ticked off on our list. Till then, C.